Annexure ‘A’ Form
Criteria for approving ISO 9000 and ISO 14000 Certification Bodies for reimbursement of certification expenses to SSI units
- Hold an accreditation from any IAF MLA member for the Indian location
- Should submit a copy of the annual surveillance audit report of the AB 3 & 4. The foreign certification body that operates through a branch office, and franchisee under legal agreement and the franchisee does not hold accreditation from any IAF MLA member in its own name, then the following evidence should be provided
- It is legal entity in India
- A formal contract with the parent body including the applicability of Indian laws under the jurisdiction of Indian Courts on the parent body towards any liability arising out of certification process of the Indian organization
- Should submit a copy of the annual surveillance audit report of the AB conducted at the Indian location. Alternatively, if the AB has no plans to conduct annual surveillance audit at the Indian location, the branch / franchisee should get an office and witness audit done by NABCB assessors on cost basis.
For any further clarification on whether a certification body is meeting the criteria, the following officers may be contacted: