Laghu Udyog Bharati is a registered all India organization of Micro and Small Industries in India since 1994. Today, Laghu udyog Bharati has its membership spread over the length and breadth of the country. It has membership in more than 400 Districts with 250 Branches all over the Country. In a genuine effort to organise MSE sector Laghu Udyog Bharati is fighting the various ills plaguing the sector and to remove impediments coming in the way to MSEs.
Laghu Udyog or MSEs : The Scene
Worldwide , micro and small enterprises (MSEs) have been accepted as the engine of economic growth and for promoting equitable development. MSEs constitute over 95% of total enterprises in most of the economies and are credited with generating the highest rates of employment growth and account for a major share of industrial production and exports. It contributes more than 45% of total manufacturing production and 40% of exports, while employing 10 crores people, it suits the Indian conditions in the following manner:
- It is only source which has the potential to absorb about 10 million new youths which enter the workforce every year, as there are hardly any job opportunities in Government sector; the agriculture sector is already super saturated; and the large / corporate sector has had less employment growth in last 2 decades.
- For country like India which has very scarce capital, promoting MSE is essential as only one tenth of capital investment is required to generate one employment in MSE sector as compared to investment required per capita employment in large sector.
- It mitigates the problem of migration to cities and slum dwellings in urban areas.
- It also ensure inclusive growth.
The Government policies / programs could be specifically directed to take care of three phases of Micro and Small Enterprises, namely:
- New Enterprises
- Existing or running enterprises
- Sick or in danger of getting sick enterprises.
Vision / Mission of Laghu Udyog Bharati
- To encourage entrepreneurship with self employment.
- Overall sustainable growth of Micro & Small Industries resulting in sustainable growth of country.
- To operate the industry as a family having owner, worker, customer & supplier as member of this family.
- To enhance gainful employment, so that each one should get decent standard of living.
- To maintain a sustained growth in productivity with quality at competitiveness
- To promote indigenous technology in & by the Micro & Small industry
- To encourage research & development activity in Micro & Small industry
- To encourage setting up of Micro & Small industry for utilization of available natural resources
- To operate Micro & Small industry in eco friendly manner
- Decentralization of manufacturing activity through ancillarization, cluster formation, to counter the economic imbalance
- To attain international competitiveness
- To enhance capacity building of human resources through skill
Objectives of Laghu Udyog Bharati
Laghu Udyog Bharati render assistance to small scale industries as follows:
- Removal of inspector raj & simplification procedures
- Availability & distribution of power.
- Guidance for improving productivity
- Quality & technological upgradation & modernisation
- Better management
- Sales promotion & marketing assistance
- Raw material procurement
- Encouraging women entrepreneurs
- Organise conferences, seminars and workshops.
- Creating congenial environment for better entrepreneur, worker and customer relations
- Making various panels for better representation
- Participation in Trade-Fairs and Exhibitions for better product exposure
Certificate of Origin
The Government of India has authorised Laghu Udyog Bharati to issue Certificate of Origin to exporting units.
Laghu Udyog Bharati on panel of Government Boards/Committees
Laghu Udyog Bharati is being represented in all the important Committees/ Boards/ Agencies constituted by the Government of India.
- Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises Board
- National Level Selection Committee for the awards to MSMEs
- Pre-budget consultations by the Prime Minister and Finance Minister
- Ministry Governing and Technological approval board MSME
- Ministry of Commerce
- RBI Committee to review guidelines on Credit Flow to SMEs
- International Labour Organization (ILO)
- Standing Labour Committee
- Central Board for Workers Education
- Child Labour Projects
- National Safety Council
- National Social Security Board
- Wages Central Advisory Committee
- Working Group on Labour Laws
- Advisory Committee on ESIC
- National Productivity Council
- Standing Review Committee of DCS & D
- Industrial Tripartite Committee in following ministries
a). Textile Industry on Cotton Industries
b). Ministry of Labour & Employment- All committees
c). Textile Industry on Jute Industry
- Central Pollution Control Board