Certificate of Origin - Laghu Udyog Bharati
A Certificate of Origin (CoO) is a document used in international trade. It is prepared by the exporter or its agent and certified by an issuing agency, attesting that the goods in a particular export shipment have been wholly produced, manufactured or processed in a particular country.
In Short " A Certificate of Origin (CoO) is a document which is used for certification that the products exported are wholly obtained, produced or manufactured in a particular Country such as India. It is generally an integral part of export documents as importer also wants goods from a particular Country. Laghu Udyog Bharati is one of the Agencies authorised to issue Certificate of Origin - Non-Preferential – it can be verify it on this website of the Directorate General of Foreign Trade, Ministry of Commerce & Industry, Government of India.
The Director General of Foreign Trade with a view to facilitate export and reduce the time taken on issue of Certificate of Origin (CoO) process, has developed a common electronic platform for making process transparent, paperless and traceable. Hence, Certificate of Origin are to be issued by electronic filing of Non-preferential Certificate of Origin through common digital platform through the website of Director General of Foreign Trade https://coo.dgft.gov.in
Presently, Certificate of Origin are being issued in physical as well as digital electronic form. Shortly, Government is going to make it mandatory to issue Certificate of Origin in digital electronic form only.
Procedure for issue of Certificate of Origin in electronic form:-
- All the exporters should get themselves registered at https://coo.dgft.gov.in
- On the home page under online services select exporter registration and login.
- First time users should click “Registration” and enter credentials to complete the process of registration.
- Besides exporters details and IEC code digital signature of authorized signatory is also required.
Process of Issue of CoO:-
- Login to portal at https://coo.dgft.gov.in
- Click “make new application”.
- Choose Non-preferential Scheme.
- Click issuing agency and select Laghu Udyog Bharati from the menu.
- Fill details of shipment and attach Invoice etc. with Digital Signatures.
- To make digital payment of CoO fee of Rs. 200 + 18% GST.
- Laghu Udyog Bharati will process and certify CoO which can be downloaded by the exporter.